Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Colleges: Zwetsch commits to Seminoles


Plant High junior soccer player Connor Zwetsch has committed to Florida State, becoming the latest player from the bay area to become a Seminole.

“Florida State was always No.1 on my list,” Zwetsch said. “It was always a dream to go there and play soccer for FSU, and I feel 100 percent accomplished. I don’t even know, it’s kind of indescribable.”

Former Bloomingdale and Alonso standouts Marissa Kazbour and Tifani Mullen are currently on the Seminoles roster, with Zwetsch’s RSL Florida teammate and current Bloomingdale standout Jordan Johnson committed to sign with the Seminoles in 2010.

Zwetsch, who will be part of the Noles’ 2011 class, said she had tightened her focus on joining FSU in the last 12 months.


“Within the last year, I set my goal that I wanted to go to FSU,” Zwetsch said. “I just wanted to work for it. I kept in contact with them, and let them know I was interested, and pretty much worked for what I wanted.”

While her commitment is now out of the way, Zwetsch said that she is now focused on becoming a player who can contribute to the Noles program as soon as she steps onto campus in two years.

“I still have so much work to do,” Zwetsch said. “I have two years to work and make sure that I earn a spot on the field once I get up there, so I still have a lot of work to do.

“It makes me feel great that I would fit in well with the team and be a good asset, but I still have so much work to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment