Monday, February 1, 2010

Preps: Berkeley's Roehn cleared to play Thursday

Berkeley Prep standout T.J. Roehn said on Monday he has been cleared to play for the Buccaneers in Thursday’s Class 3A-Region 3 quarterfinal against Frostproof after his second appeal to the FHSAA was successful in reducing his suspension from three weeks to just two.

Roehn was issued a red card against Lakeland George Jenkins for profane language after an altercation with one of the Eagles defenders. While suspended, he missed the Buccaneers final regular season game against Jesuit and last week’s Class 3A-District 10 tournament.

Roehn said he was thrilled by the decision which will allow him the opportunity to play with his Buccaneer teammates again.

“When I got the red card at the George Jenkins game the first thing that came into my mind was, ‘wow, I could be out for the rest of the season,’ “ Roehn said. “I’m lucky I got it removed … I feel like my season was almost over, but now I have a chance to not only make it back to states with the team, but break the record as well.”

Roehn, who will sign with South Florida on Wednesday, currently has 101 goals for the Buccaneers, four short of Tyler Davis’ school record.

No comments:

Post a Comment