Sunday, December 27, 2009

Youth: Wixted de-commits, will now play for South Florida

Clearwater Chargers under-18 Academy player Shane Wixted has de-committed from Providence, deciding instead to play for fellow Big East school the University of South Florida next fall.

“I wanted to stay a little closer to home.” Wixted said. “I think financially it was a much better decision for me, and (USF) usually finishes high in the Big East, nationally ranked, and I think their style of play fits me a lot better. I’m just excited to get out there.”

Wixted, who plays for Seminole High, is the fourth member of the Chargers to commit to the Bulls, joining T.J. Roehn (Berkeley Prep), Ben Sweat (Palm Harbor) and Javon Bostic (East Lake). Wixted said while it was nice some of his current teammates would also be at USF next season, it really didn’t influence his decision to switch schools.

“It didn’t really influence me,” Wixted said. “Of course, it’s always good to have some teammates with you, but it was more a personal choice for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment